THE FIRST PHOTO KIOSK SOFTWARE SOLUTION CAPABLE OF RECEIVING IMAGES FROM iPhones / iPads WITHOUT THE USE OF CABLES OR APP's !
(iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple inc)
THE VERSATILE, SIMPLE, INTUITIVE AND FAST SOFTWARE FOR PHOTO-KIOSKS
The new version of PIXSY software is the fourth created in six years. It is a very mature version, consolidated through years of experience, in different European countries, with different habits and peculiarities.
The PIXSY software allows to order any type pf Photo-product, with a real handling of multi-product shopping cart, with a new interface enriched of pleasant animation effects, extremely simple and intuitive, guiding the Customer, step by step, through the order cycle and with a solidity and robustness typical of all Alimpix products.
- The new generation of Photo-Kiosk software: a completely renewed user interface, enriched of pleasant animation effects, extremely simple and intuitive, guiding the Customer through the order cycle, step by step.
- Multi-product shopping cart: the Customer can order more different products within the same order cycle.
- The fastest software in the market place: an efficient and highly optimised handling of image loading makes the PIXSY software the fastest one in the market place.
- Pre-paid cards: the only software allowing Customers to pay their orders by using their own Photo-account, pre-loaded with credit amounts.
- Advanced offerings: a new sophisticated and advanced logic by which the Store/Lab can pre-define actions, messages, texts and prompts, that will dynamically and automatically pop-up on the Kiosk based on what the Customer has purchased, in order to better respond to growing requests from Retailers to accommodate new functionality and new marketing features.
- Bundles: possibility to create bundles of different products. The Customer is guided in the selection and in the composing of the images to apply to each individual product of the bundle.
NEW: iPhone / iPad HANDLING
- New unique, fast and efficient way of interfacing to iPhones/iPads for receving images.
- NO CABLES and NO APP required !
- Just select desired images on the iPhone/iPad and send them to the Kiosk!
Click on the picture to enlarge
FUNCTIONS & FEATURES
- Performance and speed: the software is so well performing that it can efficiently run even on very slow dated kiosk hardware. Most of the competitors’ kiosks require much more powerful and more expensive hardware configurations.
- User interface and ergonomy: the following are just some of the most significant design guidelines that Alimpix has followed while developing PIXSY Version 4:
- always few action buttons on screen to simplify and speed-up selections,
- any action always opens a new screen populated only with the buttons pertinent to that screen,
- the DONE and BACK buttons always at the same place, on any screen,
- prompting the user on what to do next,
- more complex products, such as Print from Print, or CD burning, are password protected in order to get the assistance from the staff.
This is just what our customers tell about PIXSY Version 4:
- very simple,
- intuitive: no need of training,
- very clean: not messed up with lot of buttons,
- super-fast: no long waits while media loading.
- Optimised Media card handling and Image loading: a qualifying point of PIXSY Version 4 is the efficiency in Image loading from media. As soon as the Memory card is inserted, the Customer can almost instantly start operating his choices, without having to wait until the end of loading. Additionally, if the user selects the 1st and the last image of a very big memory card and confirms the order even before the loading has terminated, the program will skip all unselected images and will complete the loading of the only two selected images, thus avoiding to wait long until end of media loading. Furthermore, the kiosk software allows the Customer to load more than one media within the same order flow.
- Automatic Image rotation: based on the analysis of the Exif information, images are automatically rotated while being loaded, thus avoiding the Customer to rotate them, manually, one by one.
- Image enhancement and auto Red-Eye reduction: PIXSY Version 4 can be configured with an optional module for automatic Image Enhancement and Red-Eye reduction. This extra optional feature can be configured to operate in two modes:
- manually: it is the Customer that decides to apply Image Enhancement and Red-Eye reduction, on a image by image basis, and then decides whether to confirm the enhanced image or to keep the original one;
- automatically: Image Enhancement and Red-Eye reduction are automatically applied to all images; this is distinctly configurable per output printing device; e.g. automatic enhancement could be applied in case of printing to the local miniLab or Dye Sub and manual enhancement in case of 24/48 hours print service, when sent to a remote Lab.
- Real multi-products shopping cart handing: PIXSY Version 4 does allow the ordering of different products within the same order flow and from within the same media card. Not many competitors’ kiosks offer the same functionality. The majority of existing kiosk software in the market place allows ordering of different types of products, but in separate orders, thus obliging the Customer to exit and re-enter for any product. PIXSY Version 4 allows to order any type of Photo-product: Prints, Posters, Collage, Gifts, Calendars, Books, Cards, etc. The ordering of Calendars and Books is extremely simple, fast and guided through very few steps, in few seconds.
- Active advertising and promotion: together with the functionality of a true handling of multi-products shopping cart, as described at the point above, PIXSY Version 4 also includes a sophisticated and advanced module for prompting and advising the customer, during his order process, with user definable “Upsell screens”. Depending on what the Customer has already put on his shopping cart, the kiosk software prompts him with proper messages and pop-up screens telling him about special offers or special products.
- Bundles: possibility to create bundles of different mixed products, such as, 100 6x4” Prints + 1 Mug, for example. The definition of the Bundle guides the Customer through the Bundle ordering and composing procedure, helping him to select, at first, the 100 images for the 6x4” Prints and then the Image for the Mug.
- Quick and easy short-cuts for adding other products to the shopping cart: on the final page of the bill, before closing the order, there are some extra short-cut buttons to quickly add promo products to the shopping cart. These buttons can be fully user definable in terms of:
- the image and the text to place on the button to highlight the offer,
- the action they trigger: which product to add to the cart.
E.g. the button “Add a Mug for 4.99 €”, when clicked, will automatically bring the user into the window where the user selects the image to compose his mug: nothing more is needed.
- Price calculation: PIXSY Version 4 is using the same pricing engine of the NOVAX Server system dedicated to Production and Billing management of a Photofinishing Lab. It allows very powerful and flexible mechanisms for price calculation, including features for price validating events, quantity actions, Promo codes, Dependencies, validity dates, additional fixed costs, variable prices by qty, etc.
- Compatibility to various printing devices: PIXSY Version 4 is currently compatible to following devices:
- all miniLab brands: the orders are truly spooled to the miniLab printing queues without implying any manual handling at the miniLab side;
- Dye sub printers: compatible to any Dye sub printer having a Windows driver; supports Matt and Glossy printing in case of Sony; supports printing of two 6x4” prints on a 6x8” Ribbon to optimise ribbon savings;
- Laser printers: supports page rendering and printing in “Duplex” mode, for double sided printing;
- Hot-Folder: normally used for products implying a certain level of manuality in production, such as the case of photo-gifts.
- "Ready to Print” format: any ordered product (single image or multi image/page) is delivered as Ready to Print. No manipulation is needed at the receiving side. Furthermore, in case of FTP upload, any image is scaled down to the DPI printing resolution of the receiving remote Laboratory
- Automatic order split: automatic “Split” function to address each physical ordered product of the shopping cart to the appropriate pre-set handling Output device: MiniLab, or Dye Sub, Laser printer or remote FTP address. An order, for example, might have some prints requested for instant printing onto the local Dye-Sub and some other ones for a 48 hours service and uploaded to a remote FTP Server.
- Versatile and flexible configurations for Output/Print handling: based on the Kiosk hardware and on the store configurations, the handling of the physical Output to the pre-set output devices can be localised in two different places:
- on the Kiosk itself: this is when the kiosk hardware is powerful enough to handle the rendering and the output to the device while accepting and handling a new order, at the same time;
- on a centralised Store PC receiving orders from all connected Kiosks and then managing the output to the appropriate pre-set devices.
Click here to download pdf brochure